#40   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 13:43

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerLB55
Many of you were pounding away 3000+ calories before you low carb because you would just eat so much as it much easy to snack on a whole bag of chips then it is to eat a pound of meat. If you dont belive me eat 5000+ calories every day for the next month of nothing but low carb food and you know what? you will gain weight.

Many of us were surviving on 1200 calories a day doing cardio, cardio, cardio before we found LC. My statment is more representative of the members here on this forum than yours is. "If we'd only eat less we wouldnt be so fat"? Unfortunately that's just not the case. I eat more now than I ever did. More fat, more protein and less carbs. I have less body fat and more lean mass. My blood pressure is now low. My cholesterol levels are to die for, no pun intended. I have a metabolism now.

The idea that we all got fat because we ate too much doesnt wash with us - we've all heard that, usually while we slowly starved ourselves.

No one is disputing that eating 5000 calories a day wont lead to fat loss. At least now I can 3500 calories a day and not gain weight; I can also eat 2000 a day and LOSE fat.

Nat