View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 13:08

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I can't help but think that by cutting out the processed, white death that is white bread, flour etc you wouldnt reap health benefits. We ate like this for thousands of years, no?

If your children are eating a moderate carb/higher fat/adequate protein diet what is it relative to? Higher fat than what? I don't know the counts off the top of my head (as they aren't things I eat anymore) but french fries, hamburgers with buns, krispe cremes.. these things are high in both fat and carbs. Are you sure their diet is actually higher in fat now? Perhaps its similar, only it's a different kind of fat now

I've read studies where researchers did only one thing different to the diets of the test subjects: they increased protein; the greater the increase the greater the % of body fat lost.

Do your children like oatmeal? Whole, unprocessed oats are what you'd call a 'slow burning carb' - low on the glycemic Index and very 'stick to your ribs'. I have them once or twice a day now, even make LC cookies with them.

Just my ramblins
Nat