View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 18:56

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hey Deb

I read your post. I feel your pain. Here's my story...

Let me start by saying that about a year and a half ago I started recovery from an eating disorder. My lowest weight was 115, and I'm 5'10". So... on the road to recovery, I of course, gained weight. At first I was loving it, being able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted! Oh my lord, it was like a party! Then I went past where I wanted to be in my weight, so in January I started the Suzanne Somers diet that my dad was on. It's a lot like Atkins, only it also has food combining rules, which I find silly, and you don't count carbs, which I don't like. I need to be able to count something, or I lose track of what I've been eating. (Weird, huh?) So, about 4 weeks ago I switched totally to Atkins.

I lost 7 pounds initially, and then went about 2 weeks with no loss, which is pretty normal from what I've read. Then I quit smoking. That was in February with the patch and I have been completely nicotine-free for about 6 weeks now. Now I've gained a ton of weight and am actually 12 pounds more than I was when I started low carbing in January. Frustrating!!!

I have been trying not to beat myself up about it too much, but that's hard! And jut yesterday, I realised one thing that I've been that's very wrong!! I have barbecue more nights a week than not, and haven't been counting the carbs in the BBQ sauce, because for some reason I thought that they would be very low. I read the label again last night, and I just about fell over. There are 6.8 or something per tbsp, and I have at least 2 tbsp on whatever I'm cooking! EEK! So, that's the end of that!

I've just started riding my bike to work and lifting dumbells 3 days a week to try and build some nice fat-burning muscle. I haven't actually weighed myself in weeks because I can't bear to see nothing, or worse, something more!!! I'm going to wait a while more yet and give my body some more time to do whatever it needs to do to get over the whole quit smoking thing.

Soooo.... that's me.

Let's buddy up, because, like you, need all the help I can get!

Glad to hear from you!