BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Breakfast Idea for Kitten

Lemon Cheese Breakfast Mousse

Contains: 1 entire lemon (including skin), quartered, remove seeds
1/2 - 1 pkg gelatin (dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water) also optional
1/4 cup of Udo's Wholesome Oil Blend (or a high quality
polyunsaturated vegetable oil, such as grape seed oil,
or safflower, or extra virgin olive oil.)
Put in blender and liquefy for a minute or so.

1/3 cup of honey
a couple of large chunks of fresh coconut (along with milk)
Blend some more on high

add 1 tbsp of vanilla
1/2 cup of yoghurt
at least a cup of cottage cheese
and blend some more on high.

Options: almonds, brazil nuts, avocado, whatever lo-carb fruit your little heart desires. You can play with it and create your dream breakfast mousse.

Refrigerate overnight and it's ready to eat for tomorrow's breakfast or in a few hours you can eat it as lunch or as a dinner dessert. This will give you 4 cups or thereabouts. (I often eat it right away without waiting for the gel to set. Sometimes it doesn't set to a gelatin solid anyways if I put too much other liquid in. It usually doesn't matter to me too much whether it sets or not.)
|
|
Should clarify that I never measure any of the ingredients - the measurements given here are approximations so readers will have an idea of the proportions. This can also be done in a food processor if the liquid content is not enough to process in blender. The gelatin can be omitted completely if you use enough coconut to make a desirable thickness. In this case it would need to be done in a food processor. The initial grinding period of the lemon/coconut mix would have to be increased to break down the pieces to small size. It can be run to smooth or chunky, depending on your own preference or taste.

(Previously used banana - I have since omitted the banana because of the high carb count and have instead added fresh coconut, with or without the milk. Sometimes I just drink the milk right away. The coconut goes into the blender with the lemon and gets liquefied for a minute or two.)

I don't usually add the entire coconut, just a couple of good-sized chunks. It adds a lovely flavour. Sometimes I will add an egg as well if I have nice fresh eggs.

I also add a couple of tablespoons (or thereabouts) of Udo's Ultimate Oil Blend with the lemon/coconut start. With the yoghurt and cottage cheese I add some of Udo's Wholesome Fast Food Blend.

For those of you who don't know about Udo Erasmus, do a search at www.google.com or www.google.ca for Udo Erasmus or go to http://www.udoerasmus.com/. He has a line of nutritional products that are unique and superior, IMHO, to others along that line.