View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 10:08
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The CAD/CALP reward meal is balanced to keep your insulin in check. It is a low carb meal - protein, low-carb vegetables, salad -plus an item that is what the Hellers call "carbohydrate rich" including dessert. The meal must be started and finished within an hour. You can have seconds, but the seconds must follow the same outline. Your other meals are strictly low-carb.

Any low-carb plan can be restrictive or can set you free, depending on how you decide follow it.

It sounds like you're still following Atkins Induction and haven't read the chapters on OWL and Maintenance yet. Finding your critical carb level is really important. You still lose weight but have more of the foods that you enjoy, like vegetables. 30 effective carbohydrate grams of vegetables is a huge amount. There is no lack of fiber and low-carb fruits are fine if you are still losing weight and feeling great.

If I were you, I would toss that low-carb bar at lunch, have vegetables and protein for breakfast and something portable for lunch: a piece of quiche or a few hard cooked eggs, maybe a bit of cheese and some portable LC vegetables like celery, cucumbers, radishes and peppers.

I'm not advocating one plan above any other. What I do advocate is knowing low-carb principles inside and out, finding what works for you and making whatever plan you choose your own.

Karen