Thread: Binge Monster
View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%
Unhappy Binge Monster

The Binge Monster is out of hibernation. I thought he was gone for good, but no such luck.

I've been down in the dumps for the last few days, and today is my normal weekly weigh in day. I am up 1/2 pound. While I know that this is normal fluctuations and is nothing to get worried about - the Binge Monster took this time to roar, and boy is he loud!

I haven't given in to him, and I won't. I've been eating on plan, no cheats. A few days ago I stopped feeling like I've lost weight, I started feeling fat again. I no longer see that I've lost weight in my face, legs, etc. All I see is the fat. I think this opened the door for the Binge Monster.

Going to the grocery store today, and walking past all the breads, cookies, no-no fruits and candy.... I was starting to actually salivate. I am not craving these foods, my mind wants them. More specifically the Binge Monster wants them. Today I decided to add one "safe" thing (occasionaly) to my eating plan. Strawberries. I had two, and they tasted wonderfull! They settled my mind cravings for a bit, but I know that the Binge Monster is there, and will try to get me to go eat the entire carton. I WILL NOT LET HIM.

I need some words of encouragement, I need to know that others have been through this and beaten the Binge Monster into submission.

(BTW: I don't actually have voices in my head, it is just easier for me to deal with as the Binge Monster!)
Sponsored Links