View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:31

Plan: Fat Flush Plan (Zone)
Stats: 249/133/115
BF:
Progress: 87%

hi Kanne!
welcome to the zone!!! I am sure you'll love it!

the 'zone' refers to the zone of optimal health and optimal athletic performance. when you are in the zone you will be burning fat, sure.

it doesn't really matter where your carbs come from: from table sugar, or from yogurt, or from lettuce. there is a difference in terms of insulin response, so if you are sensitive to simple sugars, you shouldn't use them at all. otherwise, have whatever you want. for desserts it is better to use crystalline fructose, since it is slower than plain sugar in terms of insulin response, and it will still give you a perfect creme brulee, lol.

the block talk was invented only because it is convenient. 1oz of meat is one block of protein, 1 slice of wholegrain bread is one block of carbs, 1tsp of oil/mayo is 1 block of fat. you see how easy it is to have a one or two block sandwich with ham/cheese and mayo (add lettuce and tomato slices, do not worry about carbs, too few to count from these veggies)? you could do grams if you wish, 1-2-3 rule, as in the small book you have mentioned. I just made a list of what one block of everything is and have it on my refrigerator door, it is very convenient, mix and match as your heart desires. if you want me to I can e-mail it to you.

please, visit zone websites
drsears.com
and
zoneperfect.com
for recipes, testimonials, support boards, and explanations, and lists of blocks.

zoneperfect offers a nice service: if you want to prepare a meal, you enter the kind of protein you wish to have and the amount, and you'll see recipes or meal suggestions for that. very nice.

Mila