View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 07:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Red Wine Binges And Weight Loss???!!!!

I have a question for everyone.

Does excessive red wine react somehow in your body to burn up fat? Silly question I know, I do know that the body prefers to burn alcohol first before anything else, but.....

I have examples of times when I have gone to a party or out to dinner and gone a little overboard on the red wine (it's always red wine mind you, no other alcohol! if that makes a difference) and either the next morning or the following morning I am 1-2lbs lighter.

During induction I was actually away on holiday and as hubby and I like our red wine I did drink a little every day, in fact one day a little more than little and I still lost 8lbs during induction. Now I must say I wouldn't recommend it because eating LC and overdoing the alcohol actually makes me feel really poorly, more than before my LC WOE, and it takes me longer to recover!

Then twice now I've gone to a party had a fair amount of red wine and lots of food, ie over 2000 calories worth, then the next day I've eaten maybe 1400 calories worth, as you can imagine the appetite was not there!!!!! , then the next day I've lost 1-2lbs, and this is after a mini stall!!!!!

In between induction (beginning February) and recently, I avoided the wine, thinking it would stall me but now I'm not so sure. Anyone have a likely scientific explanation, maybe Rustpot knows something we don't know?????????

PP does allow a glass with your meal, but we are talking more than a glass

Thanks all
Banana
Sponsored Links