Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Re: Quotes

Quote:
Originally posted by rustpot
I know I am a big boy and can tie my own shoelaces, but I have not figured out how to work the quote feature.

I can cut and paste and juggle three balls in the air at the same time but not ""
hiya Rustpot

In the lower right corner of each post, you'll see a icon. Click on that to open a new reply box, containing the message, and the name of the original author. You'll see the "quote code tags" ... [QUOTE ] and [/QUOTE ] (but with no spaces).

If you wish to do multiple quotes ---- when you're typing your message, you can click on "Quote" from the selection of vB tools, right above the message box. Just type in, or copy & paste whatever it is you want to quote, then submit .. it will indent and format as a quotation for you.
Quote:
this is a test

I prefer to type the quote tags manually, and the other vB code tags too, such as bold ... the tags for that are [b ] and [/b ] (no spaces) .. It's a lot easier, at least I think so, than reaching back and forth between mouse and keyboard.

Another handy trick, if you want to do multiple quotes from someone's post ... when you have the reply box open, you'll notice if you scroll down below the reply box, down below the submit button, there are the previous messages in the thread. It's easy then, to just use your mouse to highlight and then copy the desired section(s) of a post, or from several posts --- simply paste the copied section into the vB quote box or else put it directly into your post and add the [quote ] tags yourself. Just remember, no spaces and the tags aren't case-sensitive ... you can use capitals or lower case, either will work.

To learn more about formatting messages, creating links, hyperlinks etc, etc ... read the vB code help page ... You can also access that page anytime you're typing up a post ... the link is in the left column, above the box of smilies

Doreen