Thread: Weight Loss
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 16:41

Plan: Atkins type
Stats: 224/209/187
BF:
Progress: 41%

Loss has slowed considerably over the past 4-5 days 0-1/2 lb max per day as I move over to pre maintenance. I did induction for 3+weeks rather than 2 to try to purge the sweet cravings. I have managed to do it to some extent. I was a really bigger eater of carbs - cereal, toast and jam for breakie, sandwiches & crisps at lunchtime, usually a good evening meal but often with rice or potatoes and would think nothing of eating 1/2 a packet of biscuits in an evening.

I thought I would miss them and I do to some extent especially the breakfast cereal. At 6.15 in the morning I just don't fancy a fry up or ham and cheese etc. Sugar free jelly made with a little fresh fruit and some cream (more like blancmange) is ok. Anybody any suggestions?
I have found it is possile to make relatively low carb chocolate desserts usiing good quality dark choc ie 70% Lindt. I like my puddings!
I'm just trying out Boots Belgian diabetic chocolate (dark) which is made with malitol and only 6g per 100g I think. I know some people don't get on with malitol but it doesn't seem to affect me (according to Ketostix). I can also recommended Sainsbury's smoked almonds, absolutely craking with a G&T on a sunny evening after work. (Moderate amounts of drink don't seem to affect me either. I have only reduced my alcohol consumption a little - probably 3 down to 2 units per day) since I started.