#5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-01, 00:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile

Hi Sdisney

I am so glad you posted that message. Must admit I was kind of wondering about it myself.

I've been on a low-fat vegetarian eating plan for 25 years but for health reasons I decided to give Atkins a go. Three weeks later I noticed a fairly large lump in my breast which was quite frightening. What with Foot and Mouth and CJD in the past I've been glad to have been vegetarian so I still have a few doubts.

Anyway the good news is that I've had all the tests and scans and it turns out it is just a cyst and I needn't worry about it.

Can't help a niggling anxiety about whether the cyst was there all the time or the change in diet brought about its change in size. I'll check out the other links.

We are bombarded with soooo much conflicting information that it is not easy to make a choice. I reckon you should go with whatever you feel better on. As I said I truly believed vegetarian low-fat was best for a lonnnng time but have to admit healthwise I am better on high-protein, lowcarb. I'm taking the risk and giving in to a carb snack now and again if emotional issues get out of control ! Take care.