View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 15:26

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I appreciate your honesty. It must be frustrating to feel like "I'm being good" but not get the promised reward.

My advice? First, check the tips link (in the orange bar) and read the stall advice (tho it sounds as if you've tried)

Drink plenty of water

Make sure you're getting a minimum of 2000 calories a day--most mentors here would advise more. Lowered calories will stop weight loss, especially for the veteran dieters among us.

Enjoy the health benefits and feeling better. Switch your focus to eating for health (eating only real foods, ending artificial sweetener addictions, and so forth).

Do whatever sort of exercise you can and enjoy, even if that's only Oxycize-type breathing tapes.

Realize that not everyone can be a small size--some of us are just genetically larger. I know that's not what the weight-loss books would tell you, but I think it's true. Read Chuck Forsberg's wonderful
Adiposity 101 for more info on the truth about obesity and weight loss.

I've not lost much myself--30 pounds in 19 months--but I'm also coming to a place of gratitude for the body I do have. I'm lucky to be alive and to have the pleasures of the body I enjoy...it's a shift in thinking that has left me considerably happier than scale-watching.

HTH!