View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 03:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/221/145
BF:
Progress: 33%

I totally agree with Deb. Does this study take into account those who are doing low calorie, low fat, low carb or have lost their weight by fasting or on drugs from the doctor??

Studies, as far as I'm concerned, just prove one thing--that it is IMPOSSIBLE to lump loads of people into a group and make any conclusions. Did they divide these people into age groups, blood types as well as diet preference? What about genetics?

I have only lost 29 pounds of the 112 pounds I need to lose and ALREADY I am feeling the benefits in my feet and lower back.
I believe it is also due to the fact that I am wheat and sugar free.
Was this taken into consideration in this study?

A friend once said that her son's coach told her there was a condition called "wheat legs" that he found when training teenagers [and I guess adults] It had to do with wheat weakening the tendons, or muscles. If that one little bit of information was left out of this study and the majority of these people were O blood type [Dadamo] or Parasympathic [Woolcott] or low carb burners [Atkins] then disabilities are going to show up no matter what they weigh, don't you think??

Kae