View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 19:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 245/235/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question unithroid

Ashyr - you mentioned Unithroid? What is that and why are you interested in switching to it?

I have always been on Eltroxin since day one, but I've never seen anyone else on it, it's always Synthroid. I have never had any problems, at least not problems I can obviously attribute to it. Anyone else on Eltroxin? Ever had problems? What types of problems are other people having?

I used to be on Cytomel, as well for many years, but at least 15 years ago I was taken off it. The Dr. at the time said that excess T4 is converted to T3 so I did not need to take T3 separately. And yet, I've seen many msgs from folks who report being on Cytomel still as well as Synthroid or similar. Any insights on this?

As far as Atkins - still no weight loss, although I went on a business trip and ended up eating some bread on two consecutive days, so I am still getting back into ketosis now.

Everyone who has checked in here - it's great to see so many of us. Please post your challenges and observations so we can see if there is a Hashimoto's pattern.

Is there anything that folks with Hashimotos can or should be doing to make Atkins or LCing in general any more effective?

Cheers,
Moneca