Old Fri, May-03-02, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins -- Zone
Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:no clue; yikes! ;)
Progress: 0%
Exclamation No more atkins :: ZONE time

HELLO!

I promised myself, that after induction on atkins, I would flop on over to the zone. (I find atkins SOOOO restrictive sometimes, my taste in some of the foods permitted is so narrow) I have lost a solid 10 lbs tho, and have felt so great!! I cheated last night, and as a result have gotten sick, been tired and sluggish all day. (Sucks, but now I know the power of the BAD carb)

I spent the past 2 hours flipping through the Zone book ~ Barnes and Nobles, and think I have the jist. Definitly more complicated than I had ever imagined. (The block theory throws me off) I bought a copy of "A week in the zone" which kinda seems like the Cliff's notes of the bigger book. I DO have a few questions ... !!

They keep referring to "the zone." Is this like being in ketosis? When "in the zone" is the body burning fat?

Several things are permitted like yogurt and fruits, but both have a lot of sugar? There is lengthy mention of the fat/car/protein ratios, but nothing is said about sugar.. should I STILL beware even if it is coming from a healthy source rather than a big ol' piece of cake?

I'm sure I will think of more questions .... please help a newbie
Sponsored Links