View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 17:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/234/150 Female Five Feet
BF:40%
Progress: 7%
Default Right there with you

I know how you feel. This is my first time on the atkins way of life, I prefer that over the word Diet. I haven't lost much, only 7 pounds, I am still in my induction period. I feel better about myself, have more energy, less back and leg aches, not so many headaches,sleep better at night. But I still get that nagging feeling when I look in the mirror when I am drying off or dressing in the morning, that I am still fat and that is never going to change and what do I think I am to try, superwoman? The last time I remeber being thin was when I was 17 right before I got married, the first time. Then of course I had kids. I just have to tell myself that I am on a good program and that I am losing, the scales say it. I try to keep myself positive. It helps that where I work a lot of people are behind me, and have done similar diets. One did body for life, and one even did the atkins diet, she lost 17 pounds, but she went back to the old way and has gained some of it back. That, I have deteremined, is not what I am going to do. I am hardly craving anymore. I went to an apt to get an application today and saw a plate of cookies, I didn't even want one. And if I did, I guess the urge wasn't very strong, because I just looked at them and said, oh, now nice, the apt provides cookies for guest. Keep your chin up, I like your little saying on your stats. That is a cool attitude to have. I'm sure you just have your ucky days like all of us do sometime.