View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 05:54

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Wbahn, YOUR STATS are proof alone that it does work (so are mine) and you have a good point, but no, I don't have a general theme of nagging doubt in my life...but it is an interesting consideration.

I think it's just due to 37 years of "programming" to believe that fat will make me fat - this is a LIE. I know. Every month I recycle my glass. There are always olive oil bottles, butter containers and other containers that I have consumed in the month - all fat products. I always stop after hearing the crash of all the glass in the recycle container, sigh and think "Well, if fat makes a person fat, I would have been fat (again) by now! It must work.".

I think overcoming something you have learned and believed all your life is very difficult. Even when you yourself prove what is the truth. I find that it is similar to the feeling when someone apologizes and you doubt that it is sincere....but you really want to believe that they are.

Sometimes I feel I know a "secret"...a "trick"...and I think, "God, I couldn't ever tell anyone this - they'd never believe me anyway - as I load on the butter, olive oils. I make it a point never to talk about my diet - I'm not a salesperson and I refuse to defend or explain myself to anyone at my age...I did WAY too much of that when I was younger. People inquire, but usually just end it in saying, "she's so lucky, look she can eat anything"....and I like it that way!

Thanks for responding. I'm sure others do relate...