View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 04:49
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I called BFL hotline about this very question....and they said getting the reps in is more important that increasing the weight. In other words, use the most weight possible but get the required number of reps in.

Pay close attention to the "intensities" of your sets and record them. This will help you plan your next workout. After a couple of weeks you should be able to increase a little bit. IE, this week you start your BB Presses at 15 lbs for 12 reps (5), 20# for 10 (5), 25# for 8(6) , 30# for 6 (8), etc. Next workout try increasing each by 5 lbs. and if there's a set that you can't complete, make a note ...."only did 4 reps at 30#" so next time you'll know to lower the weight again... you're not quite ready. But sometimes you'll surprise yourself and be able to complete the whole routine at a higher weight! Keeping records and trying to increase it each time are important.

I'm in week 4 (not an expert!) but for comparison, at this point I've only been able to increase each set by about 5 lbs. from my Week 1 starting weights. I've heard that there's a big jump in strength after 4-6 wks.

Not sore??? The only thing I can suggest about this is perhaps you need to concentrate on your form....make sure you are doing the exercises slowly and purposely. I am usually not as sore as I expected but I take glutamine which helps....but I'm usually sore somewhere!

Hope that helps! Keep up the good work!!!