View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 19:38

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Thanx to ?...It WORKED!

Let me start by saying that I have come a long way in the past few weeks in my relationship w/my bathroom scale. I have not let the same digital readout for weeks now (give or take 1 lb) affect me. I know I am doing the right things and making the right choices. I feel good!! However, (ther's always a however, isn't there?) this morning seemed to be different. Maybe it's because DH has been cheating a bit here and there and I have been very diligent on my intake, and as of this morning, he has lost another 2lbs and I was "same ol', same ol' " I continued on with my day, reminding myself that I am eating right, I am exercising right, I have great support, and I feel good. About early afternoon, I remebered that pair of jeans I could barely fit over my hips two weeks ago. (Two weeks ago, at the suggestion of a poster, I went and tried on a full size smaller pr. of jeans.)

I decided to take a gamble (if they were still as tight, I would be another peg down in the mental battle ).

UREKA!! I could actualy button them, and with a few jumps up and down, coinciding with pulling on the zipper, I even zipped them up and could walk around normal!! Sitting was pretty tight, but maybe in another couple of weeks!!

I just wanted to thank whoever made the suggestion to use the smaller/doesn't really fit clothing as a measure of progress. I didn't take any measurements until 3 days ago, so I couldn't even go back to those. I now keep those jeans right next to my scale, and look forward to trying them on again in 2 weeks!!
Sponsored Links