View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 14:14

Plan: CAD/PP
Stats: 105/95/94
BF:
Progress: 91%
I have to admit that I had entertained such thoughts before, purely because I’m not really in this for weight loss. I’d stacked on a little less than 10lbs during a bout of depression but am losing it steadily for the past 2 weeks. However, I know I will make this a lifelong commitment – The motivation may be different but the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle is unanimous. I feel so much more in control of myself and am able to cater to my body’s needs more readily because I understand what it is telling me. Physically, I feel healthier, more energetic and even happier.

If you’re someone who can’t pass up on that breakfast bagel (like myself), then I’d suggest you read up on CAD like Niky suggested. A reward meal is designated according to your convenience and you’re able to eat whatever you like within a span of an hour. It is important to realise that this hour is not a binge, but rather a logically portioned healthful meal. You start with a salad, then have 1/3 good protein sources, 1/3 vegetables and 1/3 high-carb foods, including pasta, bread, fruits and dessert. CAD works by virtually eliminating any form of deprivation, as compared to a calorie-controlled, low-fat diet, which is usually the reason why people “cheat” on a diet or succumb to their old eating habits whenever they feel emotionally compelled to eat, or when they’ve reached their goal weight.

While at the bookstore or the library, I’ll suggest reaching for Protein Power as well. It contains a more scientific and well-researched opinion on the how and why of low-carbing. CAD is more geared towards changing eating habits though the Hellars also discuss insulin levels and the like.

I also agree with wbahn about not skipping your breakfast. It's really an essential and skipping meals in the hope to lose weight is not the right way to go.

Hope you find something that works for you soon and I’m sure all of us here look forward to hearing your LC laments about ketosis, stalls and pork rinds.