View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 16:31

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Re: Oo, Misty, that sounds familiar!

Quote:
Originally posted by DewTal
My sister (who has switched from Atkins to the GO Diet to Atkins to Carbohydrate Addicts...) thinks I'm a dork for eating the same thing practically every day but I really don't mind it.

Tal

Hi Tal, thanks for writing!

I believe in planning menus. In previous generations, housewives were taught to make 2 or 3 weeks worth of menus and rotate them - if you were really fancy you might have a set for winter and a set for summer.... they are called cycle menus, by the way, if anyone gives you grief about them...

Quote:

BTW, she's not a vegetarian and always has things like pork loins, burgers, chicken breasts, and filets of fish in the freezer which she adds spices to and grills in the broiler.

Yeah, I go to Costco and get individually frozen portions of things like fish, etc - i always have, the rest of my family doesn't really like fish... I also cook up lots of things in advance and freeze them. Payoff is days like today - I am home with a cold but I pulled out a marinated and grilled chicken breast and threw a little veggie in with it, and I had a great lunch...

In fact, I feel pretty good, cold notwithstanding. I think that not having blood sugar ups and downs has been very good for me...

-m-