View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 13:33

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

I also think the title of this thread could be very misleading. You say you followed Atkin's to a T yet in other posts you went from Atkin's to BFL to Protein Power and admitted you cheated every saturday and went back to induction levels every sunday.

Where is this type of behavior of the diet plan written in Dr Atkin's book? Maybe I missed a chapter or a few pages.

There are specific rules for doing low carb diets for very specific reasons. High fat diets in the present of high carbs as well are putting yourself at a high risk of heart disease for the wrong reason.

I think Wa'il and others are making sure that if anyone sees the title of this thread they want to make sure that the reader knows all the facts to base a decision on if this diet is actually harmful or if someone could have followed it incorrectly and hence caused the majority of difficulties.

I don't think anyone is attacking you on a personal level, I just feel they want no misunderstandings to other readers. Afterall they do have a responsibility to make sure people get all the facts. There is enough misinformation out in the media currently that we don't need more.

You say you are having tests run, but do not have the results yet, so how do you know it was low carb? It very well could have been a prior existing condition that low carbin brought to the front.

I do hope you feel better soon. I would also like to know exactly what your doctor has to say is the cause of some of the problems you are experiencing.

Take care