#5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-01, 12:53
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi anne-marie, welcome aboard

Scarsdale ... wow, now there's a name from out of the dark regions of my past ... I did Scarsdale, a couple times ... I know I was successful with losing weight, but it doesn't really give you a solid foundation for KEEPING it off...

As the others have said, your best bet is to read up on at least one of the popular and PROVEN lowcarb plans, such as Atkins, Protein Power or Carbohydrate Addicts. Click on Tips on the red menu bar at the top of the page, and under Lowcarb Basics and Frequently Asked Questions, you should find a good BASIC explanation of what lowcarbing is all about, as well as links to the official websites of the popular programs. Wa'il is right, you should be able to borrow the books from the library ... if you're like me though, you'll want to go out and buy your own copy

The Scarsdale Diet is good, as I remember it .. I'm sure you'll find it easy to move into another program, once you've found one that "fits" you and your life.

All the best, and keep us posted! I look forward to reading all about your success.

Doreen