View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 10:09

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 260/260/220
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Question about cod liver oil

I recently picked up a bottle of cod liver oil after reading the recommendation for it is PPLP. While I enjoyed the information the book gives about Omega-3's and cod liver oil, I can't see that it offers any real recommendation on how much to take every day (admittedly, I haven't finished the book yet).

They do talk about maintaining a 2:1 ratio of Omega-6's to Omega-3's. However, the recommended doseage on the back of the bottle I bought is one teaspoon a day. I'm a little nervous about exceeding that... one teaspoon contains around 100% of the RDA for Vitamins A & D, I'm already taking a multivitamin, so I might really overdo it easily taking too much. At the same time, maintaining a 2:1 ratio would mean I'd need to cut my other fat intake down to two teaspoons' worth a day! That sounds unlikely on any diet based on anything beyond canned tuna for three meals a day.

I guess I'm just wondering how other PP'ers manage their overall fat intake, and particularly the quantity of cod liver oil used.
Sponsored Links