Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: good news bad news ..

Quote:
Originally posted by kanne140
*::* Desire Creates the Power *::*
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Congrats on making it through induction Your signature says it all. That should fight the cravings for donuts or anything else.

As for food suggestions, only the sky is the limit. I use to be in the mindset that a meal wasn't complete without rice, pasta, bread or potatos. I would look at my plate and would think something was missing! Then I realized nothing was missing, it was just the way I was brought up. My mom ALWAYS served a starch with the meal. I can honestly say after being on Atkin's a year now, that mindset is gone.

It sounds like your menu was pretty darned boring during induction. Now it's time to start OWL. By adding in 5 carbs per every couple of weeks your menu will start opening up and you will be on the path to finding that magic carb number where once you hit goal you will know how many carbs you can have a day and maintain your weight.

Personal favorites of mine are: broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, or yellow squash microwaved 4 mins with butter and basil. (this is a perfect replacement for pasta with spagetti sauce) When I fix hubby spagetti, this is what I nuke for myself and then top with sauce.

It's hard to make meal suggestions without knowing what else is served with the pasta, rice or potato. If meats are served, you can eat normally but in place of the above mentioned no nos have a green salad or steamed veggies. Green beans and asparagus with butter and lemon juice is wonderful.

Hope some of these have helped.