#8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 22:14
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 125/110/110
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default I will continue trying

Thanks Lisa for your imput. I will continue trying my best to help Katie. I know if I push too hard I will loose the friendship of her guardian and then Katie may not be allowed to even come to my house. I am so hoping that I can just convince her guardian about the blood sugar and get the girl to a doctor.

My daughter has similar problems to Katie, but her weight is not as high. I keep hoping that they will see how well my daughter is doing on low carb and finally listen to us. My daughter got up to 159 at 5' tall. She has been low carbing since February and although her weight loss has been slow, in a way, it is consistently going down. She is at 146 now and feels so much more energetic. My daughter even went so far as to show Katie's guardian the stretch marks on her stomach to prove to her that she had a similar problem to Katie's.

The odd thing is that the guardian just went to an endocrinologist for menopausal problems that she is having. She was raving about how good he was! I took the doctors name and told her that I wanted my daughter to see him to confirm that her lack of periods, sudden weight gain etc were probably due to PCOS or another endocrine disorder. I am hoping that she will see that Katie should go also.

My daughter and I had to learn on our own about what was causing her problems because all her gynocologist wanted to do was put her on BCP's. It seems ironic to me that by talking to her about her own menopausal problems, we may have found a good endocrinologist for my daughter

I am afraid to push too much or get the school involved because then Katie would have no place to go if she was taken away from her guardian. I have already taken on one child that needed a place to stay and simply do not have the financial resouces to take on any more.