View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 18:27

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default "All it takes for evil to succeed...

...is for good people to do nothing".

I know that you feel that you have "interfered" in Katie's life too much already, but for Katie's sake please be willing to do so again if necessary. It seems that you know a fair amount about endocrine disorders, so you also would then know what will happen to Katie eventually if this is what she has and it goes untreated. Failure to provide medical treatment for a child who is obviously in need of it could be considered neglect. It's obvious that you care a great deal for Katie and have her best interests at heart. She has been a lucky child so far to have had you around to "interfere" as much as you have or her life could now be very different. Doesn't this child ever go to a pediatrician? If she does, I'm amazed that they could have missed this for so long! 'Nuff said. You will have to be the one to decide how much you are willing to do to intervene, but I would strongly encourage you to continue to be an advocate on behalf of Katie and her health and welbeing. If it were my daughter's health at stake, I would want someone as caring as you to advocate for her in my absence. I will be praying for both of you.