View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 11:13

Plan: No Idea
Stats: 180/175/160
BF:
Progress: 25%
Cool Lazy Newbie Thoughts

Hey all, this is my first post, and what I'm about to ask will probably make a true dieter laugh at me. But I'm just curious...

I found this site yesterday and have been browsing all the messages. I see all these things about reaching ketosis, induction period, etc. In honestly evaluating myself, I know that I cannot truly do it the way you guys do. However, I am only trying to lose about 15-20 lbs. And in the past, I have been mildly successful with "random" dieting. So my question is, can I accomplish 15-20 lb weight loss in a few months (I weigh 180) by doing a "half" low carb diet?

My thinking is that I cannot avoid low carbing at lunch. I work everyday, and the nature of the business is very social and indulgant lunches. I'd like to maintain my normal eating habits at these lunches. However, I would skip breakfast (usually I have a bagel or orange juice), and for dinner I would have no carbs at all. What I have been doing the past week is just having grilled chicken, salmon, pork chop, etc. for dinner, with chinese cabbage, spinach, or brocolli. I feel totally fine doing this; i had expected to feel weaker or less satisfied since I no longer snack either.. But now I'm confident I can keep having no carb dinners as long as I have regular lunches.

Will this help me at all or am I essentially going around in circles by trying to diet like this? I guess you can tell that I'm not truly committing myself to low carbing yet, so any advice or scolding would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links