View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Regarding The Four Grams of Carbs....................

It is my understanding that the complimentary meals are NOT to be limited to four grams of carbs for the entire meal.
In the CAD book, pages 117-18, under the heading of BEVERAGES it says the following:
"You may drink ulimited quantities of carbonated water, seltzer, club soda, or black coffee or tea.
Diet soda that has no fruit juice added is also acceptable. Read the label: if it contains more than four grams of carbohydrates per serving, avoid the drink except during your reward meal ........
Any sugar substitute that you drink must have no more than two carbohydrate grams per serving . All alcoholic beverages should be consumed during your reward meal."
I have never seen anything about limting TOTAL carb grams consumed during ANY meal on the CAD or CALP plans. I would think the way the above is worded that there is no total gram limit for the complimentary meals..........only totals per serving to use as a guideline for what is acceptable during the complimentary meals.
I'm working on trying to find a site that is Q AND A for the Hellers to address some of the questions that keep coming up. If anyone finds something of the sort, please let us know.
Flo