View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 10:38

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking CALP

On January 22nd of this year I was almost 40 pounds heavier than I am today. Thats three months......and a couple of days.

I rarely do deserts. I tell myself that I can have them with my dinner but I just never have room after eating everything else. I have had to teach myself that if my plate still has food on it that it is OKAY to throw it away if I am full. I grew up hearing about the poor starving children in China, Ethiopia or wherever else was popular at the time and it has taken me a lot of time to change this habit. But I am.

I don't drink. Never have. I gave up my terrible Diet Coke habit almost a year ago. That has made a big difference for me.

Once in a while I have a "bread" or pasta type item, but I do notice that it makes me crave more. (I start looking in the fridge every time I walk by, even though I just ate) So I am trying to stick with healthier high carb foods like squash, beans and fruits. If I am going to have a high carb food I figure it had better be good for me.

I am starting to feel like this IS a way of life and not just a diet. That is my goal. I want something that is going to work for me for the rest of my life. So check back with me in a year.

Right now I am working on the Options for Life in the CALP book.
Some are easy, some I have to work on.

I think I wrote a novel. LOL.....
Libby