View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 10:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

If you look at the bottom of this post (actually it's on the bottom of everyone's post if they have a journal) you will see an icon that says journal. Click on that and you will be sent over to my journal. I was very meticulous about putting my mealplans in at the beginning...then I wandered into more thoughts and reflections.

There are losts of other people here doing PP. A visit to their journals may prove inspiring too.

The PP book has a section in it where you calculate your lean body mass, and go thru a number of calculations until you find the minimum amount of protein grams you should be eating. I'm at 90 a day minimum, but usually take in 120-130 (I like big steaks and lots of chicken at dinner).

The calculation is a bit too complicated to reproduce here, and I've loaned my PP book out too so can't give you the short version. If you do a search on this site for protein and minimum, you will likely find posts that discuss minimum levels. The question is asked all the time.

For now, I personally wouldn't worry about going too high. I'd be more concerned about too low. If I remember correctly, the absolute min is 60 gr per day, but that's for a pertty tiny person.

I went for a while without worrying about the right level of protein. It's not going to be a show stopper, like taking in the wrong level of carbs.

ps..if you are curious...I've gone from a size 18 to a 12 , 6 inches from my waist, 5 from each thigh, the rest from my tummy and hips.