View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 05:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)
Progress: 40%
Default Flaxseed capsules for Psoriasis?

I had to laugh when I read the thread about the man who went to the health food store and was concerned about the pale sickly looking clerks. That was exactly my impression when I went to a health food store last week. Couldn't hardly believe I was taking advice from such an unhealthy looking creature! (Looked kind of "wormy"!)

That aside - I have scalp psoriasis. I have been to several dermatologists over the last 8 years and have been treated with the rountine medications. The only thing that really has worked is Betamethasone Lotion - basically a steriod oil that I rub into the area. These past 3 months, nothing really works. Also, I was told that I should not be using it when I am pregnant - which I am not, but would like to be soon.

The sickly clerk told me to use flaxseed oil - I opted to use the capsules as opposed to the sprinkles. (I know myself and doubt I would ever use it everday! She also told me to cut out red meats. YIKES! I know from reading the Protein Plan red meats can cause problems with whatever kind of deposits - loaned out my book and can't remember the exact name. However - I had this problem WAY BEFORE I ever started the diet. BTW - my dad has a similar problem.

I sure would like some "expert advice" and hear from anyone who has successfully treated themselves for this. I have been using tea tree oil and emu oil lately - but to no avail!

HELP!

Thanks!
MaryB
Sponsored Links