View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 18:55

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking CALP

I have never done any low carb plan other than CALP. It has worked wonders for me.

Read, read, and reread your book. I use it for reference material constantly. It takes a long time for me to digest all that info and remember everything, so I look at it a lot.

I would suggest doing the weekly weight averages. I know some people don't like to weigh in at all, but for me it is perfect. I am a scale nut and need to be able to get on it every morning.....so it works perfect for me.

Journal..... maybe you do this with Atkins, but if not ...start one! This is a wonderful way to track everything that affects you, not just food.... but mood, daily activities, stress or anything that might upset your new found way of life. My journal is appropriately called the "little FAT book" which makes me laugh. It is about 4" x 5" and I keep it in my purse and take it everywhere.

I am no expert, but from everything I have read I do believe that CALP is a little easier to start out with than Atkins. It certainly has become my way of life. Forever.

Best wishes......
Libby