#6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 14:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question Protein

Hi there,

It's interesting to read all your comments about Atkins vs PP, I'm just reading PPLP at the moment after having read PP and I've sort of naturally slid into doing PP instead of Atkins. I always felt Atkins a little too restrictive with the fruit.

I too feel that maybe I was eating too much protein on Atkins. My minimum was around 60g but I was eating double that somedays, must confess did that today as well! But I found when it comes to the scales, the days my protein was lower I lost, maybe it was just coincidence, don't know, have to check it out again and experiment. But also I think I feel better when I don't eat quite so much protein and stick to around 80 - 90g per day and 30-40g carbs, it's great to have a slice of bread or some grapefruit in the morning . I'll see how the weight loss goes on those figures for a week!

Tokenyanke - how much do you generally eat a day, I'll have to look see if you have a journal going. And how do you know you are out of ketosis, those ketostix are not very reliable, you can use one in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening and the results will all be different!

Look forward to seeing you fellow PP'ers results after switching!

Banana