#7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 07:40
Registered Member

Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

Just a note to say hi!

As far as criticism is concerned, hey, you have the right to be an individual, just like everyone else does. A bit of advice though -- the people who aren't into paleo don't want to hear about it. If they're interested in the subject, they'll ask you. Until then, i've discovered it's best to just keep my mouth shut about it and don't make a big deal out of it. You're eating this way because you want to and it makes you feel healthier, and you don't owe anybody an explanation or an apology -- after all, do THEY have to come up with reasons why THEY eat the way they do? Nope. And neither do we. And besides, they have the right to eat what they want, too

As far as falling off the paleo diet wagon now and then, everybody does -- the main thing is that overall you're generally eating healthier than you used to! That's great. Personally i think life is meant to be enjoyed, and every now and then i'm going to enjoy my favorite foods, whether anybody else likes it or not, LOL

You don't have very much weight to lose, so you're going to lose it slowly anyway. A healthy way to do that is to make the lifestyle change you already have -- which is, eating more paleo than you used to, generally.

Don't stress yourself out about it. After all, our early human ancestors were totally "faithful" to a paleo diet 100% of the time -- but that didn't save them from being eaten by lions and tigers and bears, oh my We can be totally "faithful" to a paleo diet 100% of the time -- but that's not going to save us from being hit by a bus!

IMHO -- enjoy your life. That's the main thing.