Thread: Fitday
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 04:32

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

LOl Rustpot, I know exactly what you mean...I have a lot of recipes from the states (took me forever to work out what Scallions are, I allways thought they are a kind of fish), so the other day, I thought I am clever and ask Fitday for "Bell Pepper" which is what americans apparently call Sweet Pepper....Guess what? FitDay calls it Sweet Pepper......

I also find it hard to measure everything in cups. I have got myself a set of US Measuring Cups. Great. So I am in the kitchen cooking. Before I put stuff on my plate, I try and measure it in the cups (It's hard to stuff a T-Bone Steak into those tiny things, but brute force has it's uses). Then, after dinner, I log on to Fitday, only to find out, that some of the food is not measured in Cups on there, but in oz.....So now, while I am cooking I have the measuring cups, Tablespoons, Teaspoons and a scale next to me, to measure everything in all available manners..... I think I will have to install an internet PC in the kitchen....those Internet Fridges must have been invented by a user of FitDay....

Now on a serious note, I wish FitDay would make more use of oz/grams than cups. It would make my life a lot easier. Also, I find it annoying, that everytime I use the vegetable as "cooked from fresh, fat added during cooking", they add salt. I use unsalted butter.....grrrr Does anyone know, if I can just use the raw version ?

Greetings and have fun on FitDay.

Sabine