View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 11:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/Kiss
Stats: 160/120/110
BF:
Progress: 80%

Mike, I broil or bake all my meat and fish. I like to keep things simple. I seldom use any other cooking method, except for pot roast.
I marinade ahead of supper if I remember. Otherwise I sprinkle with salt. pepper and a bit of lemon juice and broil.

I create a lot of variety by adding something over the meat and fish. Some made ahead sauce, I keep a variety of sauces in the fridge. Make sure they are *no* carb, or very low carb. Make sure they don't contain sugar

I make a whole lot of sauces myself. They are easy to make.

For veggies, I use only veggies on the permitted Atkins induction list.

Lots of them I eat raw, (salad bar is one resource for this). Those that I have to cook like cauliflower and broccoli, I cover with boiling water over and leave it for a few minutes, they cook and are still crunchy. I store all this stuff in the fridge. I cook only once a week. When I want to use them I sprinkle some (not too much-it has carbs) cheese or other stuff over them, and heat them in the microwave. There are all sorts of other stuff you can add and nuke, mayo, salad dressings, etc.
Just read the label information before you buy.

Have a look at this site:
http://ub2.homepagetools.com/SmokiesLil/UltraBoard.pl

Look under "salad dressings" and "sauces and dips". A person by the name of BruceH has the most wonderful sauces and recipes there. I recommend the "adobo" recipe, and the "southwestern chicken". Look at his recipes, they are easy and very tasty.

Hope this helps.

PS. Look at some of the sample menu webpages for ideas. Plan your meals in advance. Shop towards that menu. Things will become easy if you do this.