View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-01, 15:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Lorraine, you couldn't be offensive if you tried. You're such a sweetie .. . And debbie, you're a sweetie too, and I for one will be glad when the chaos settles in your world, and you're able to get here and post more often. All the new members haven't had a chance to meet your big smile yet.

For the record, I am the author of the offense, in a humourous post in the Lighter Side forum. I am careful to keep discussions to "family entertainment" throughout the rest of the forum, but I have felt that I could relax a little, and let my hair down in the joke and humour pages. As with every word I type to this forum, it's done with the knowledge that some will disagree or disapprove ... but offense is never intended. And nobody, not Debbie or anyone should feel the need to apologise for saying how you really feel. I think very highly of you too!

As an artist and writer, of course I have strong feelings about censorship and freedom of speech. On the other hand, I would be the first to object if I saw racial, sexual or other hateful, derogatory terms. I had a personally devastating run-in with censorship last fall, in a fiction writing course. It was the opposite of this though. One person objected to my story (I suggested the unmarried couple took a shower together ... no description .. just the sound of running water) Nobody else in the class spoke up; the critique went on and on and on. I couldn't even look at my creation again for 3 weeks ... until the rewrite was due to be handed in. I finally looked at the pages, and on the backs, every other member of the class wrote such beautiful words of encouragement, they loved it, don't change a single thing....

Of course I will respect your feelings and have no desire to offend anyone. But I and my post remain unabashedly and unapologetically me.

luv from Doreen