View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 18:45

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default DUH!!

Let's see....activities that make your body organs work harder is bad? Okay...guess that means I should stop exercising immediately as it makes my muscles work harder and causes a buildup of lactic acid. It also makes my heart work harder and causes a buildup of carbon dioxide in my blood that my lungs have to work overtime to exchange for oxygen. Guess I should stop thinking because that could strain something in my brain. NOT! No serious scientist would suggest that we stop thinking or exercising because it causes "strain" to those body organs. How about this? We should stop consuming excessive amounts of carbohydrates because it causes our pancreas to work overtime producing insulin that our bodies will eventually become resistant to and places a strain on our livers to convert all that excess glucose swimming around in our bloodstreams. We should stop consuming excessively low amounts of dietary fat because it causes or livers to work overtime producing the dietary cholesterol that we aren't getting and it makes the bad LDL kind when it does. Drink 8-12 glasses of water when you eat a diet higher in protein? I thought that was the recommendation for everyone regardless of what type of diet they are following. The "study" above is not a study but a poorly run experiment that shows nothing other than how stupid things can get published without sufficient data to back them up (some poor professor must have been facing a "publish or perish" dilemma). 5 subjects? No control group? Give me a break! This type of fear mongering is inexcusable.