View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 06:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi Lessara!

Is the countdown to "spa day" still on? Can't wait to see the results, I hope you post a pic!!

I'm not sure where you work, or if there is a restaurant nearby, or maybe a cafeteria in the building? A nice chef's salad, or grilled chicken ceasar, or your typical cheeseburger with no bun might due in a pinch, just make sure to ask how they are prepared to avoid those hidden carbs. Wendy's currently has awesome salads out there. I find that they are almost too big to eat in one sitting, so I tend to save part to have for supper if I can't eat it all.

Many fast-food places have nutritional information sheets that you can ask for, so this may help if you are out and about. Some grocery stores have individual sized veggie trays with dip? Some even have a place where you can buy roasted chicken off the rotisserie or a small salad that would be cheaper than at a restaurant.

The key here is planning...You generally know where you are going to be during the week...home, work, errands, etc. I would check out some local restaurant menus to find places that would do on the spur of the moment.

If you don't have anyplace that you can eat near where you work, you may want to pick up something non-perishable that you can keep at work, or like disneybebe said, something you could freeze if the facilities are there. Non-perishable...yeah, I realize that there isn't much LC food that is non-perishable, this may be when you want to have some pork rinds or ONE (i know these are not always good) of those LC bars or protein shakes (mix or cans) on hand. They are not really appealing, but will do when the going gets tough.

All the best!!

KC