#332   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 03:50
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good morning ladies

Jansky, Congratulation on losing the last five pounds. I also do what Cher does, I have plenty of water and legal foods to snack on. It really helps. You said, you alway lost until you got to 200's. Well I did too. The first time I started Atkins I was 215 and after a year I was down in the 140's then I had a stroke. Not due to Atkins but smoking and hormone therapy. So, when my weight reach 192 I said to myself that is it. The older we get are metabolism slows down and it is harder but it seems with Atkins it jumps start it again. Desserts are my downfall. So, I try to keep diet jello and low carb icecream on hands. I had a bowl of peanut butter low carb ice cream last night and it hit the spot. I also keep my carmel flavored walnuts on hand for snacking. Well again congratulation.

Besty, I will miss you while your gone. I know what you mean how we have come to rely on the internet. I know I do. Please come back as soon as you can. We well miss you .

Chris, Wow you have been a busy beaver. I also have days that I wake up early and full of energy. I hate hearing that your retaining water. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. It seems to help me when I start retaining. Our body is weird, if you don't drink enough water it think it is going dehyrade so it retain water but with enough water it then start releasing it because you keep the balance. The roast chicken sounds great. I fixed a low carb meatloaf and it seems to hit the spot . How did the Atkins blueberry muffins turn out? The sound great.

Carol, My DH said are strawberries are full this year also. Yea, I love strawberries. I ate the last batch this last Christmas. They are so good and sweet. I have several low carb jams recipes but I think that Marlaine recipes sounds easier. I have some frozen strawberries. I think I well give it a try. My husband would love it too. He is a diabetic. The low carb bread sounds great. We have a bread called Heiener's 35 which has 8 carbs and tastes wonderful but I have been holding out until my maintence to try it. I am afraid it well start me craving.

Marlaine, Thanks you for the recipe. It sound wonderful. I well give it a try. That would be wonderful on low carb vanilla ice cream this summer. Hope everything is going okay for you. Always love to hear from you.

Cher, I glad your hungry spell is over. I hate when mine comes.

I want to thank everyone for keeping Cody in your prayers.

Well ladies have a wonderful low carb day.
Donna