View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/-/130 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default re: the skinny ones

Just wanted to tell you a little story that happened to me a while back. When I was at my highest weight, I was unsuccessfully dieting using low fat foods. I remember complaining to a co-worker about how hard it was to lose weight. I am a really short person, and to me she seemed so tall and well proportioned, with her long legs, and high waist. She always looked so good! Just right, in my mind.

She said something to me like, " What are you dieting for? To me, you look like a model. I wish I could be as small as you are." It really turned my mind around. I knew that at that time, I was at least 50 lbs. above the weight that I had maintained in my twenties, (my goal weight). How could I look skinny to her?? I felt fat, frumpy, and ugly.

I think what I'm trying to say is that some of those skinnier people you saw may also be on their own weight loss/ health journey and know exactly how you are feeling right now.

Someone who is much bigger in size than you may be looking at you with envy and thinking about how they wish they could be as small as you are.

It's funny how we all use others as our yardstick, and wish to be more slim/ tall/ short/ pretty/ smart/ rich/ talented/ as "they" are. I guess the message a person can take away from it is that we really don't have to.

Love yourself for all the great things that you do have going your way, like your obvious determination, (being on a low carb plan) physical ability, ( working out) and intelligence, (being at this forum.)