View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 13:14

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I just got back from a ladies retreat for my church. For the most part, I didn't have any trouble staying with my low carb lifestyle. I did have to be a bit assertive at breakfast when the everything had either potatoes or sugar in it. I simply explained that I was on a special diet where I could not have bread, sugar or potatoes and asked if they would be willing to scramble me a couple of eggs. They were happy to do so and the rest of the weekend was smooth sailing. For lunch I simply ate the ham off the sandwiches with some lettuce and tomatoes that they had out for sandwich toppings. Dinner I hit the salad bar hard and asked for a plate of just the turkey they were serving. If you are on vacation, order what you need instead of simply settling for what's on the menu...most restaurants are more than happy to accomodate people with special dietery needs. There are many wonderful things you can eat with this WOE so there is no need to be or feel deprived. Your friends may even be a bit jealous when they see you eating salands with gobs of bleu cheese dressing and lobster with lots of drawn butter and you can say that you ARE still on your diet. The best revenge on those who have negative things to say about this WOL is to live and eat well! Have fun on vacation!