#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 00:24

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 200/190/120
BF:
Progress: 13%
Cool I am new to this way of eating

A big HI to all of you,

I am new to this diet, just read the book today in one sitting. I am eager to try this way of eating even though I am 6 months pregnant. I believe I am insulin resistant but not diabetic or anything...yet. I did not test positive for gestational diabetes so I am very glad about that.

I have been eliminating almost all refined foods from my diet, but I still end up eating some refined bread and sugary desserts from time to time. I contantly think about desserts and bread products even the whole grain kind. So I think I am definately a carb addict.

I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis witch is an autoimmune thyroid disease, I cannot stop taking my medicine however because my thyroid function is pretty low. Hopefully when my metabolism gets back to its normal functioning self and my hormones get stablized I might be able to lower my dosage....who knows.

I am about 70 lbs over weight, but I am not going to diet so to speak because I am pregnant and I don't want to harm the baby but I do want to be able to eat the food I need in the amounts I need to help me heal.

I would be very interested in anyone's input for beginners or if someone has been pregnant on this diet before.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Sponsored Links