Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 23:42
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 235/193/128
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Protein Power

Hi EveLee

Even if we did get lots of hugs it is true that the hug type demonstraton of affection is fantastic no matter what age. I work in aged care and it is well recognised that "skin hunger" is common for people who live in residential facilities or people who are single or widowed. The need for gentle human touch is integral to the health of the human psyche.

My family (close and extended) has a history of depessive problems or affective disorders as they call them now. While I believe my problems are no where as severe as some members of my family, I am still glad that the treatment I am on is so effective.

Hi Dave

I really like PP, but I don't think I burn ketones all the time - must at times but I don't worry too much, just as long as I lose a bit here an there along the way!

Fantastic for you to have a cafe where you can purchase low carb treats. Australia is way behind the US in recognising that low carb is okay and not "dangerous" to health.

I bought an ice-cream maker last week, and my daughter and son and I have been making all sorts of different flavours and trying out different combinations of cream, milk and evaporated milk. So far we have had plain vanilla, coconut - which had coconut essence and toasted dessicated coconut, evaporated milk vanilla which also had eggs, and chocolate and coconut. My son (who has a body fat of 8%) made himself some caramel ice-cream using caramel sauce - bad for him though!

We use Splenda to sweeten and at first thought that not having real sugar was making the ice-cream icy, but we think it is just the combination of milk types that makes the difference. We tried double cream but that was awful - sort of "coated" the roof of the mouth and tongue with a waxy coating! Yuck.

The ice-cream maker cost $50 so we think that by the time we have made 30 litres of ice-cream we will have saved the cost if the maker. One good thing with it is that you can make "soft serve" and eat it straight away. It is great - and I won't have to buy ice-cream any more.

Good luck and enjoy your hiking (where do you like to hike?)

Gemma