View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/256/175
BF:
Progress: 37%

I know exactly how you feel -- my husband has an aunt that is the exact same way. She is also about 70 and so stubborn and set in her ways. She always talks about how she never weighed over 100 lbs until after she had her son.. blah blah blah blah.

She is my husband's only living relative now besides his sister, and we actually have avoided seeing her for an entire year because of this. We have no idea how we will handle the situation. I'm thinking maybe I'll just live off grilled chicken and salad for a few days and she'll think that's good. I'll tell her we're on a special diet prescribed by the dr (Dr. Atkins in my case! lol) and bring my own salad dressing. If I put my ranch or whatever in a pint jar she'll probably think its something I made up special. Oil and vinegar would probably work too. Everyone knows that olive oil is good for you now, so I don't see an argument there. I might make some flaxseed muffins ahead of time and bring them for breakfast -- they look like those whole wheat/bran kind anyway. Maybe I can sneak in some some cheese and nuts and stuff and hide them in the suitcase so we can have a few bites occasionally on the sly. hehehe

We've both lost a large amount of weight since we've seen her last (lost 80 lbs before starting Atkins), so maybe she'll leave us alone. I'm thinking that if we get desperate, we can always go out saying we're visiting some of his old friends (that she cant stand) and go get us a steak. What can she really do?