Thread: Fit Fat?
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-01, 15:49

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default conspiracy theory

I agree that the medical community knows about the benefits of the low-carb diet, but won't embrace it.

Also, it fuels the whole diet supplement/publishing industries when all of the authors are slinging arrows at each other's programs. People hop from one book, to the other, and buy the "reccomended supplements" in each.

I'd like to take it a step further and say that I think that the whole "Food Pyramid" and "Low-fat" diet scheme was getnertaed by the USDA to boost our intake of grain products since we are one of (if not THE) world's biggest producers of wheat/grain.

I mean, if I follow that as a man, not even as an athlete, I need 11 servings of bread/cereals per day? Even when I am NOT low carbbing I don't take in that many servings of grains.

Fruits and veggies maybe, but not grains. Jeeze, that much bread/pasta would make my blood sugar go crazy! LOL.

Oh well, it's just a thought of mine. I can get deeper into this and tie in the medical community to the low-fat craze, but you would all think I was a nut. Just seems hard for me to believe that EVERYONE that I have put on a low-carb diet has gotten results (assuming the follow it to a T), but the medical communioty dismisses it as a fad and "dangerous".

RRRRRR .... OK, who got me started?