View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 11:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Hi Gabrielle

1)Classico Alfredo sundried tomato sauce, half cup 4 grams, great on fish. The plain Alfredo is only 3 grams
2)green onions, they're low carb and add taste to tuna and egg salad, add a little mayonaise (hellmans) and you've got lunch.
3) quiche 1cup whipping cream, 6 eggs, mix and set aside, cook and crumple some bacon on bottom of pan, some green onions, buy a small quanity of aged cheddar and grate it over it and then pour egg mixture over top. Cook 350 F for 35 minutes.
4)In the diabetic section of your food store they have Fify 50 jam it's a little expensive but it is 1tbls -2 carb's, it nice if you must have the sweet taste without the insulin rush. They may have other lc products here too.
5) cream cheese is less expensive if you add your own flavouring and it's great in celery. Add some sf jello mix to it and have a quick cheese cake.
6) chicken thighs are usually less expensive, I cook them in a batch and eat them as snacks. I dunk them in tangy sour cream or a mixture of salsa (eden organic is low carb) and sour cream.

I hope this helps a little, I stay away from most of the processed meats and LC products. I guess I like real food, for that is what I will be eating for the rest of my life. Cauliflower, asparugus, and turnip are vege's I like that are low carb and strawberries and melon are my fruits. I like peanuts which can be what ever you want to pay for them, I eat them unsalted. I understand where you are coming from when you say it is expensive, go luck with your weight lose.
Jo-Ann