Thread: Identity
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 16:33

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I have to admit...I love all things sweet and I don't think that is something that will ever change in me. Having said that, I also find that "illegal" foods just don't appeal to me as much as they used to because I know how crappy they will make me feel if I eat them...kind of like aversion therapy, I guess. My sister in law was serving cake after church this morning and when it was gone, there was a lot of frosting left in the pan. She jokingly asked if anyone wanted a plate of frosting. Now, a year ago I probably would have dived into that leftover frosting, but today I looked at it and thought "yuck, that doesn't even look good". Now THAT'S progress! Chocolate is a different thing altogether. Fortunately, I found Pure DeLite truffles. I have shared them with co-workers and one even commented that he thought is was better than Godiva. Yes, I'm aware of hidden carbs, but at worst these truffles have maybe 3 or 4 grams each, so I can indulge in one once in awhile without guilt or damaging my low carb WOE. My husband also loves them and he is a true chocolate conosseur so I know it's not just my carb deprived taste buds talking.