#4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, carb addicts
Stats: 190/176/148
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default I've been there

I did Atkins woe last summer and lost 18-20 lbs in 2 mos. I went off of it and gained all the weight back and then some. I am 5'7 and in February was at an all time high of 190. I started Atkins several times in March and did lose 8-10 lbs but kept cheating every few days. I plateued at 180 and I went off again this last week I started again on induction at 183 and now 5 days later I am down to 177. I am so motivated, I just decided not to quit on this woe because it works. As good as those carbs taste we know like you said just like an alcoholic we have to stay away from them. I cant wait to get off of induction so I can start replacing with some treats to replace the old things. Getting to the 170,s is a big accomplishment and I love this support on the internet and I have been walking, jogging, drinking lots and lots of water. I know when I found this low carb site and started reading other peoples entries I thought I can do this, look at all the people who are doing this. Thanks for your honesty and you can do it you have been doing it, keep after it.